This is such a great recipe! I love it because I don’t have to cook anything…it is a light, deliciously creamy dish. It’s great to bring to a potluck (mix sauce with zucchini just before serving), served as the main course or as a side dish. Most satisfying I must say!
Optional: You could substitute a gluten free noodle or rice noodle very successfully in this recipe. Even rice noodles that are slightly warm or at room temperature would be very tasty and similar to the raw cucumber/zucchini version.
I made this dish again this past fall, just prior to travelling and it was very tasty & practical while travelling. It was easy to eat from a small travel container and no preparation needed. Two thumbs up!!
This dish is gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, soy-free, egg-free, raw food, vegetarian, and FULL OF FLAVOUR!!
Creamy Dill Pasta
1 cup raw cashews (not soaked)
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 clove garlic
5 packed cups noodles from 2-3 medium zucchinis or cucumbers (shredded)
1/2 lightly-packed cup fresh dill (chopped)
4 cups leafy greens and/or sprouts (optional)
– Put cashews, water, salt, cayenne, oil, vinegar and garlic in a blender, but do not blend it yet (so cashews can soften slightly while preparing the noodles).
– Prepare noodles, place in a bowl and snip a few strands with scissors so they aren’t super long.
– Blend ingredients that have been soaking in blender, until smooth. Stir chopped dill into sauce.
– Pour sauce over zucchini noodles and toss to coat pasta.
– Nice served on leafy greens and/or sprouts because greens/sprouts get coated with excess sauce.
ALTERNATIVES: Add to noodles: 1/2 up broccoli or cauliflower florets (cut in small pieces) or thinly sliced red pepper.
Source: Expanded & Updated Uncooking with RawRose – Your Guide To Raw Foods by Rose Vasile page 101